JUNE 27TH GENERAL MEETING & BOB COCHELL
Annual Meeting & Induction of Officers
Guest Speaker: Robert Cochell - Gulf Coast Air
Please join us for an update on:
Code Changes, Refrigerant Updates and Crane License Changes!
Presented by: Robert Cochell from Gulf Coast Air -
Bob’s professional accomplishments include:
- Past President of RACCA (Refrigeration A/C Contractors Association) – Tampa
- RACCA presents a yearly award for the “Outstanding Contractor of the Year”, the C. J. Dillard award and Bob has been the recipient four times, 1992, 1996, 2001, and 2005
- President of FRACCA (Florida RACCA) the state contractor’s association for two terms
- In conjunction with FRACCA Bob teaches CEU (Continuing Education Units) courses statewide on all subjects concerning Air Conditioning, Code compliance, and application of equipment
- Conducts CEU classes for FAPMGI (Florida Association of Plumbing, Mechanical and Gas Inspectors) to various inspector groups statewide.
- Teaches CEU classes at the BOAF (Building Officials Association of Florida) convention, the nuances of the Energy Code, enforcement and application of mechanical systems to comply with Code yet effectively dehumidify in Florida’s humid environment.
- Appointed as a voting member of the Florida Building Commission (FBC) Energy Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) since 2000, evaluates and recommends changes to the Florida Building Code to the FBC Commissioners on matters concerning “Energy”, heating, cooling, ventilation, efficiencies, building practices
- Contributing author of the Florida Contractors Exam, compose new questions for the examination and critique existing questions to assure most up to date information available and format consistent with correct mechanical practice and Code compliance.
- Hillsborough County – City of Tampa Mechanical Board voting member, since 1990, currently serving as Chairman. This board hears cases concerning contractors, inspections, and Code interpretations Hillsborough Countywide.
- HVAC Insider – Since 2001, compose a monthly article for this publication circulated throughout the state of Florida with topics ranging from contractor’s business practice, technical Energy Code questions, refrigerant choice – handling – supply issues, to technical mechanical installation situations.
Outside interests include work as a missionary of the Gospel in Africa, serving in Uganda, Zambia, Kenya and Botswana he conducts Pastor’s conferences bring Christian training to the local Pastor who may not have the opportunity to travel for education elsewhere.
Born in Michigan, a graduate of Western Michigan University with degrees in Marketing and Mechanical Engineering
In the 1970’s Bob worked for the General Electric Co. central air conditioning department in Application Engineering, Product Planning and Equipment Sales
In 1981 Bob was a co-founder of Gulf Coast Air Systems Inc. (GCAS), becoming sole owner in 1985. GCAS has grown significantly since that time and has through 2012 installed more than 53,000 A/C systems and performed over 225,000 service calls. The company performs both residential and commercial work with a specialty in undertaking the “hard to air condition” job.
5411 Comfort Drive - Tampa, FL 33610
Telephone - (813) 689-2082
Venue on the Lake
June 27, 2019
Maitland Civic Center
641 S. Maitland Avenue
Maitland, FL 32751
Time: 11:30 - 1:30